Not sure if you guys are aware of a brand called Guinot, a popular French skin care brand. One of my favourite products from their line is their cleansing water which I will make time to review eventually! I’ve already gone through two bottles :O
Essentially Cosmecology is an environmentally friendly French skin care line created within the same labs as Guinot. So they aren’t really sister brands, but do share a “home”. The name is derived from two words, Cosmetology (for beauty) and Ecology (for the earth)
Cosmecology was recently launched in Australia, and they were lovely enough to host a small get together with the Melbourne bloggers to test their new range. Some of the distinguishing features of this brand is that there is no animal testing, it’s environmentally friendly (so no excessive packaging) and everything in the range is $30AU or below.
That last one really stuck with me, I don’t personally know the prices in France so I can’t compare, but in Australia it is hard to come across French skincare for anything below $40-$50AU.
One interesting tid bit I picked up from the ladies was that if you have good genes, had very little stress in your life, ate well and drank plenty of water, used high quality skin care and were not exposed to the daily pollution you find in most cities, you’d get your first wrinkle at the age of 50. If true, that’s pretty amazing!
They mentioned that our genes only account for 20% of the condition of our skin, with the other 80% due to external factors such as environmental, emotional & physical stress, what we eat and naturally the skin care we use.
But to me this raises an important point, great genes and skin care is all good and well, but I don’t think anyone should expect miracles if you aren’t taking the right precautions in your daily life, such as avoiding the sun, not sitting next to a heater all day, eating bad foods, smoking, not drinking water, not sleeping much etc. All are huge contributing factors to good skin.
Cosmecology gifted each of us with two products, the Peel Skin and the Hydra Skin. In the time between now and the event I’ve managed to use both products and while I can’t comment on any long term changes, I can say that both are very gentle on my skin and not offensive at all. They have a very subtle fruit like fragrance, which I actually liked, I was a bit worried the fragrance might be too strong. I’m sure I’ll be using this all up
If you’re interested, check out their website for more information or call 1300 300 954 for stocklists. Cosmecology have made it a point only to release their products in salons
I’m going to include a list of their prices below because I can’t find them anywhere on their website and I know personally as an online shopper / researcher, I prefer to know in advance how much stuff costs before I even step into a store.
|Matt Skin Face Cream||jar 50ml||$28AU|
|Hydra Skin Face Cream||jar 50ml||$28AU|
|Nutri Skin Face Cream||jar 50ml||$28AU|
|Peel Skin||jar 50ml||$25AU|
|Mask Hydra Face Mask||jar 50ml||$29AU|
|Clean Skin Milk||bottle 300ml||$28AU|
|Tonic Skin Lotion||bottle 300ml||$24AU|
|Instant Clean Skin Make-up Remover||bottle 300ml||$24AU|
|Body Shower Energising||bottle 300ml||$18AU|
|Body Shower Soothing||bottle 300ml||$18AU|
|Body Shower Comforting||bottle 300ml||$18AU|
|Hair Shampoo Oily Hair||bottle 300ml||$22AU|
|Hair Shampoo Coloured Hair||bottle 300ml||$22AU|
|Hair Shampoo Dry Hair||bottle 300ml||$22AU|
|Hair Instant Repair||bottle 200ml||$22AU|